How do I override the value taken on a court order or student loan

Go to Utilities, Period Utilities, Period amendments.  Click the Pay Elements button at the bottom of the screen.  When requested enter the pay element code you wish to override.  Next, when requested enter the amount you want to take for that pay element for the period and click OK.  Recalculate the employee’s pay.