My-Print-Delivery TM Software
OM Plus My-Print-Delivery (MPD) software is Plus Technologies solution for “pull printing”. This type of solution is also called by other names such as print release, pull printing, follow-me, or find-me printing. The idea behind the concept is to improve printing efficiencies by holding user documents in the print system until the user releases the document while physically at the printer or multi-function device itself. There are many benefits for implementing OM Plus MPD:
- Confidentiality and Compliance: The risk of printed documents left in the output bin is minimised as the users will be directly at the device.
- Mobility: Users can move from one location to another and still print without having the need to log onto a computer.
- Cost: MPD can reduce print volumes by 15%-20% lower usage of expensive toner.
- Green: Less paper and less toner is consumed.
- Security: Users are authenticated and only see their jobs.
- Smartphone/ Tablet Device: Users can select the OM Plus MPD App on their cell phone or tablet device.
- Printer/MFD: Users can select the OM Plus MPD App embedded on selected printers/MFD’s.
- Card Swipe: By swiping their card on specific badge readers for direct MPD printing.
- Release Workstation: Users can use OM Plus MPD feature on dedicated release workstations.
User credentials are verified by OM Plus MPD (Active Directory, LDAP) making the retrieval process safe and secure. Jobs can be delivered to any device defined to the OM Plus system providing a significant mobility factor. In addition, users can redirect print jobs to other devices should there be a problem with the initial target device. Jobs are held in the OM Plus MPD system for a user-defined period of time so they can be retrieved later on at a different device (eg. in case of printer failure).
There are several advantages of OM Plus MPD over competitive offers:
- Support for multi-vendor printer environment
- Support for older printer models without the screens (no hw upgrade needed)
- Numerous release methods supported (card, phone, combinations, Kindle, etc)
- Support for numerous print spooling features such as job bundling or bursting, fail-over, re-direct, archiving, etc
- SAP certification
- Capability of scale for large organizations (we have OM Plus installations with 10,000+ devices)
- Support for multiple operating system environments such as Windows, UNIX, Linux
- No client install required
- Low cost of ownership
Plus Technologies® currently has thousands of satisfied customers using their output management software and solutions in more than 30 countries all around the world. Their client roster includes a number of highly successful Fortune 500 companies that rely on the products on a daily basis. csmascent limited have been a Plus Technologies partner since 1994 for the UK and Ireland.
To find out about a 30 day Free Trial for OM Plus including consultancy please Contact Us.